Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Why does my kitten ears split?

Her ears are split long ways, not side way like a rip. It looks like another layer of skin, it is on the iner ear on bother ears. One night she jumped out at me and it and flared up.Why does my kitten ears split?
Good question. My cat and every cat I've ever had has had this little split. I'm not sure what the function may be other than ease of movement.Why does my kitten ears split?
i have no idea

Report Abuse



Not really sure what you're describing without a picture. But cat ears do have a second ';layer'; close to the outer edge of the ear (where it connects to the head) which allows them to move them about. If this looks more like some sort of injury, however, then please get this kitten to a vet.

No comments:

Post a Comment