Thursday, February 11, 2010

How can i prevent getting split ends so quickly?

I have relaxed black hair. My hair is past shoulder length and has really bad split ends. I have my roots relaxed every 3 months and also have my hair cut at the same time. Do I need to get my split ends cut off more often or is there another solution?How can i prevent getting split ends so quickly?
Split ends are damaged hair. Can be through mechanical damage like super-vigorous combing or too much heat. Can be through chemical degradation like bleach damage or even a harsh shampoo. Often it is both. Try to treat it more gently and get splits cut off quickly before they run.How can i prevent getting split ends so quickly?
There are a few ways to prevent split ends, I've looked it up too as I have trouble with them.





Using shampoo and conditioner that lists sunscreen as a major ingredient helps a lot, just to minimize sun damage.





You should trim your hair every 6 to 8 weeks really, and try not to use heat styling items such as straighteners or hair dryers.





Wait until your hair is dry before you brush it after a shower because when it's wet its most vulnerable..





You could try a split end repairing kit, but it doesn't actually fix the ends as it can't be done.. It just gets rid of the messy hair look.





Hope this helped.





Even though this is the second time I'm answering this..

No comments:

Post a Comment