Thursday, February 11, 2010

How do I either get my boyfriends name off of our home loan or take my name off if we split up?

My boyfriend and I have been together for 6 years and just recently bought a house together. I want to split up with him but know he won't leave the house or pay the mortgage. I am moving out soon and don't want my credit ruined, but how do I get him out or at least my name off of it. Do I have to get his permission to sell the house?How do I either get my boyfriends name off of our home loan or take my name off if we split up?
Unfortunately you might not be able to. If both you and your boyfriend have your names on the mortgage than it probably means that you qualified for the loan together. The loan company most likely wont take one off for fear of financial stability in repaying the loan. One of you could probably see if you can qualify for a loan on their own and then switch title into that persons name. Which is another thing, you might want to look at the issue of who holds title and have that changed too.


I'd recommend selling the home and splitting what profits come from it. Since you've owned for six years you probably have some good equity and you should both be entitled to it.How do I either get my boyfriends name off of our home loan or take my name off if we split up?
my boyfrind is cutie he is hottie

Report Abuse



Sell the house and divide the proceeds in order to avoid legal trouble. The thought of receiving cash for whatever should spur him into action. Another option is offering cash for him to quit-claim the house over to you. Consult a real estate attorney for more options.
see your attorney
You need to have a Quit Claims Deed wrote up. Go to a Lawyer and have it written that you will not make any claims to the ownership on the house. Unfortunatley, I am not sure that you won't still be held accountable in the event that he dosen't make his payments on the house. My advice? Sell it together for what you owe on it. Just get out of it togehter. I have been in this boat before when I kept the house only to find out that my ex had a lien on the house that I had to pay off before I could sell it.
just get him to refinance and take your name off the loan. email me if you want to know how to refinance it without any closing costs.
You have to refinance, either or you. The lender will not allow a name removed from the loan, a new loan will need to be taken out.

No comments:

Post a Comment