Thursday, February 11, 2010

How do you make a split cage?

Quick and easy way 2 make on or could i buy one at the pet store?How do you make a split cage?
Hi! Here's an example:





http://twinsqueaks.com/split-tank.html





Here's MY personal experience of making one, it looks really long and hard, but it only took me like 20 minutes xD





I took measurements of the aquarium. You need to find the width and the height.





I went to the hardware store. I told the people the measurements and to save money they cut me a big piece and I just cut the measurements myself with some wire cutters or tin snips. If you don't want sore hands, I suggest you let them cut it xD I made 2 sheets for extra protection.





I went to an office supply store. I bought those transparent report covers. I put away the report covers as you won't need them here, what you WILL need are those plastic slidy things (I have an excellent vocabulary) that hold the report together and I slid them onto the bottom and sides of the mesh to protect the gerbils' that I was introducing eyes and so that it wouldn't scrape against the glass and make scratch marks.





I wedged the squares into the aquarium. They should fit pretty snugly.





I added bedding, water bottles, food bowls, and wheels on each side.





To attach a water bottle to your aquarium buy some sticky backed WHITE velcro, sold at the hardware store for like 3 dollars.





Good luck! If you need any help or have any questions email me at averyrazno@yahoo.comHow do you make a split cage?
I personally bought the Ferret Nation cage and it has a ladder in the middle that can either provide access from the second level to the third and fourth or you can hook it to the bottom of the third floor and it provides two seperate living spaces. Each includes a full base floor and a nice large shelf. I got mine at Petsmart but if you look around then you can find one i'm sure
go to a pet store and ask for a # gallon tank glass thing (split glass thingie) and they would like give ti to ya lol

No comments:

Post a Comment